Green tea for hair loss; the complete guide
Are you suffering from hair loss? Do you get enticed by every hair oil and hair tonic advertisements, that do not give you the required results? Well, hair loss has long been a problem for both men and women because of rising pollution levels, climate change, adulterated foods and bad lifestyle. But do not lose hope, as there is one amazing product that might help you in combating hair loss. Yes, you heard it right. We are talking about green tea for hair loss.
Now you must be wondering how green tea can help in reducing hair loss! Although, it sounds a bit unbelievable but recent studies have proved that green tea not only cures many health problems but also helps in maintaining healthy hair. So, green tea for hair loss? Very impressive right?
Now let’s discuss why green tea for hair loss is the best treatment ever-
- Green tea is the dried and the steamed counterpart of the plant, unlike black tea which is prepared by fermentation. This is the reason why green tea contains a large number of powerful antioxidants, nutrients and minerals, that helps in strengthening your hair and preventing it from falling down.
- Green tea contains very less amount of caffeine and is rich in polyphenols and amino acids, thus making it a healthier option.
- Green tea is rich in vitamin B or Panthenol, that helps in curing many hair problems like split ends, early greying or premature whitening of hairs. It makes your hair soft and strengthens the follicle.
- Green tea contains antioxidant EGCG or epigallocatechin-This antioxidant helps in stimulating hair growth by strengthening the roots and activating the hair follicle.
- Green tea is highly rich in Catechins, that helps in suppressing DHT, one of the factors that are responsible for major hair loss.
- Green Tea contains a lot of essential compounds like tocopherols, zinc chromium, carotenoids, that also helps in preventing hair loss and encouraging regrowth.
- Green tea is anti-inflammatory in nature. As we all know dandruff and itchy scalp also results in hair fall, therefore when green tea is applied on dried scalps, its anti-inflammatory properties helps in reducing such inflammations and dandruff thereby promoting hair growth.
- Washing your scalp with warm green tea also helps in preventing the growth of bacterial and fungal parasites, that are responsible for the weakening of hair roots. Green tea also promotes blood circulation in the scalp.
- One of the major cause of hair fall in today’s life is stress or depression. Green tea is one of the best stress relievers. Sipping a cup of green tea can help you in fighting stress.
Now we must know how to use green tea for enjoying its benefits:
- Sipping a cup of green tea
It is the easiest method. When you start consuming a cup of green tea twice daily, then you will get worthwhile results in two to three weeks. You can either drink it warm or you can also go for cold green tea with 1 tsp honey(honey being optional for those who can’t consume it alone). You can also check out Boost the benefits of green tea the right way
- Washing hair with Green tea
This is another method of using green tea for promoting hair growth. You can use it as a last wash for your hair, after your regular washing with shampoo. For making the rinse, you have to boil the tea bags in water for about 10 minutes and then remove the bags. Then take the water and massage well into your scalp and then wash with cold water. Repeat this method twice or thrice in a week for quick effects.
- Having green tea capsules
This is one of the quickest method. These green tea capsules are made from green tea extracts and you can easily get it from markets. These capsules help in promoting hair growth.
- Using shampoos having green tea extracts
There are a large number of herbal and ayurvedic hair shampoos and conditioners, that contain green tea extract. Regular use of this product instead of your chemically treated shampoos can help in combating hair loss.
Although green tea has huge health benefits, still there are few limitations on its usage as well-
- It should not be consumed in excess amounts as it can lead to insomnia.
- Excessive consumption by pregnant ladies can lead to miscarriage and other problems. Similarly, for lactating women’s, it will get mixed with the milk and can pass to their babies.
- If you are taking some other medications, green tea can interfere with that and can have bad effect on our health.
So, other than these few limitations, green tea for hair loss is the best remedy for fixing hair loss problems. Just try it and see the magic!
Find the article relevant enough? Don’t forget to show some love by sharing it with your close ones to help him get harmless fixation to their hair loss problems.